The Jesse Gray School Council benefits the whole school as it gives opportunities for pupils to communicate feelings and opinions to teachers and support staff as well as influencing decisions that are made. The School Council consists of members of each class, voted for by their peers.
Issues that might be discussed in the school council meetings include:
- Pupil Survey questions, responses and action to be taken
- Friendship issues and playtime problems
- School equipment
- School and charity fundraising
How the School Council works
The School Council meetings will take place on Mondays straight after school until 4.15pm in the ICT Suite. FS2 children start attending the meetings from January each year. I promise to update them on a weekly basis!!
Last year, our School Council 2015-2016 were ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT... they:
1) Created a lunch-time rules rap (to be uploaded soon)...Miss Law thought it was fabulous!
2) Planning to start a 'healthy' tuck shop
3) Reported on lunch-time behaviour
4)Read their weekly minutes to their class and take suggestions to bring back to our weekly meetings
YOUR JGSC ( with a little bit of help from Mrs Moore)
George from Year 1 should also be on the photograph....We will take a photo of George soon.