How JGA money is spent
We liaise closely with the school to work out the best use of the funds we raise.
We’re firm believers in all parents sharing their ideas on how to spend the money. This can be anything from funds to support new extra-curricular activities, to supplies for the classroom and playground entertainment. Rest assured all ideas are responded to - regardless of the outcome.
All ideas are raised at our monthly meetings and are considered according to:
- and suitability of request.
Our head teacher, Sarah Law is then consulted to ensure the ideas align with our school’s needs.
Here are a few highlights of things we have paid for in the past year:
- Playground regeneration in the form of buddy benches and umbrellas in the junior playground
- Art packs for every classroom
- Provision of 'Mathletics', a mathematics homework tool for children in years three to six
- An educational visit from a poet who visited every class
- Frying pans for the cookery room, used by classes
- Santa’s grotto for the children to visit at Christmas
- New screens in the school hall to display our children’s fantastic work
Regular annual allocations
Each year, the JGA provides each classroom teacher with £100 to spend on activities, props and supplies of their choice.
Watch this space to see how your class may be spending their donation this coming year…!